Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Oh, The Days of Our Youth

Long before the Ol' Rancher worked with
prize Herfords...

Long before he rode many a trail
on  his faithful steed, "Smokey"...

And, long before he decided to
take this greenhorn on a
cattle drive to his summer pasture...

The Ol' Rancher was a kid,
a youngster, just a "tadpole"

And because he was a young boy once,
he had wild and crazy, young boy thoughts and
idea's.

"So one day, my older brother and I were riding on the back of the neighbors
truck.
Going at a fairly good clip, down what served for roads, back then.

My older brother makes the pronouncement that he needed to relieve himself.

Now, mind you, our neighbor was not going to stop and the truck was not "self-contained"

So lacking any other options, my brother decides that the only option was to "hang it all out 
over the back of the truck. (Seemed like a reasonable idea at the time)

While my brother was focused on the immediate need, I was focused on the upcoming bump
in the road!
Not wanting to bother my brother in his time of need, I decided to keep my peace (just to see what might happen)
Well, we hit that bump full on and my brother, in mid stream, flailed about with much drama. (Did mention he was wearing glasses at the time?)
Gathering himself, finally, he turns around to me, wiping his glasses and says, "Guess ya need windshield wipers on this ride"

Of course, I 'bout wet myself, laughin' so hard"



No comments:

Post a Comment